Sunday, January 07, 2007

My Morning Jacket Covers Prince!


Saw My Morning Jacket at the Wiltern over the weekend and they were unbelievable. The setlist was tight, and they really seemed to be into the moment. I'll try to find more pictures from the show (like the one above) and perhaps even some audio.

But for now, did you know that the Jacket covered Prince? It's true. On New Year's Eve, at the Fillmore in San Francisco, they performed my favorite Prince song, "I Could Never Take The Place Of Your Man."

I have included a link to the song, and to the entire show. My reccomedation is to grab the entire show. It's a long one that includes the countdown to the new year, wonderful covers ("Celebration," "All Night Long," and "Highway To Hell"), and some live rareties ("Cobra").

For Your Consideration:
My Morning Jacket - I Could Never Take The Place Of Your Man (Live) Mp3
My Morning Jacket - Live At The Fillmore 12/31/06

No comments: