Monday, January 22, 2007

The Brady Bunch & Getting Davy Jones: "Girl"



Of my most recent posts, the Lonely Man Theme from the television show "The Incredible Hulk" was quite a popular one. So, I was thinking of other songs from my television past that you might like to own in your collection. It actually might make for a good weekly posting. I have tons of songs that would fit in to this category. I mean after all, do you own the chase songs from the original Scooby Doo cartoons? Ummm, I do. (Side note: Should I be proud of this?)

Anywho, this week, I am highlighting one of my favorite obscure tracks from "The Brady Bunch." Episode #64 which originally aired on December 10, 1971 was called "Getting Davy Jones." In case you forgot what happened, Marcia, president of her school's Davy Jones fan club, hastily promises she can get the former Monkee to sing at her school's upcoming dance. Her boast results in her having to scramble to get the singer to actually agree to appear.

About halfway through the show, Davy is in the (state of the art?) studio recording his newest single "Girl," which you can watch in its entirety in the clip above, and for your consideration, you can get it here! The version below was taken from the motion picture soundtrack to "A Very Brady Sequel." Enjoy.


For Your Consideration:
Davy Jones - Girl Mp3


No comments: