Monday, August 07, 2006

The Monster Mash

Whatta weekend. I'm really excited to announce that you, my friend, will have the privilege later on this week (or whenever EZarchive gets their head out of their butt) to hear theWho's new EP entitled "Wire & Glass." For now though, it's Monday, and that means it is time for another mashup.

This week's mashup comes to us from Team 9 and is called "What's Going On Yeah." I've been in a Flaming Lips kind of mood lately, mainly because I saw them live a couple of weeks ago (read my review called "Two Buck Coyne") and I still can't get "The Yeah Yeah Yeah Song" outta my head. This mashup is just as addictive, and features Marvin Gaye's "What's Goin On" a timely song if there ever was one.

Also for my valued reader, I've added a special acoustic version of "The Yeah Yeah Yeah Song" I found on the net, that the boys have called "The Yeah Yeah Yeah Song (Hoe Down And Slow Down Version)." They changed the cords, and made it as they said in describing the version a "very sad commentary on life right now." I'm just sayin'


For your consideration:

The Flaming Lips Vs. Marvin Gaye - What's Going On Yeah Mp3

The Flaming Lips - The Yeah Yeah Yeah Song (Hoe Down And Slow Down Version) Mp3

No comments: