Wednesday, January 17, 2007

American Idol: Give A Little Love


Last night pretty much all of us watched the season premier of American Idol. And much like America itself, amongst its audience, there are two parties.

One party tunes in for the performances later on in the season, feeling that it is the best part of the show. The other party (of which I am a card carrying member) loves the first couple of episodes, which I call the "William Hung" portion. This is where you get to watch the endless parade of the delusional. We could care less about the final twelve, unless of course one of our favored delusioned makes it through. Typically we root for the type of "Sinatra singin" guy, the virgin that lives with his grandmother, or that guy pictured to the left. The outcast. The shitty ones that must have some Internet campaign backing them because the website has a secret agenda to showcase the inherent faults of the shows voting process.

So needless to say, I'm in heaven. "Is this heaven?" "No. It's Minnesota." Thank you Minnesota, and from the looks of it I should be thanking Seattle in advance. I've never seen so many freaks in one "Scenes from tomorrow night's show" sequence ever! I can't wait to see how many of you morons exit through the wrong door. It ought to be a drinking game Simon had to say it so much. Was it me or did that happen every single time? It's that extra bit of humiliation that we love so, the cherry on top if you will.

Yes, my nipples are hard.

Too Far? Ok. Sorry. Anyway, one thing that I noticed during the show was the commercial for Coke. No, not the carefully placed Coke products within the show, but rather the actual commercial for Coke. The commercial above is a take off on the Grand Theft Auto video games series that promotes doing the right thing instead of, well, driving up on to a roof and using a sniper rifle on passerbys to an eighties soundtrack. Ok, can you tell I play GTA?

Anyway, the spot contains a song from my childhood called "You Give A Little Love," which was featured in the 1970's classic gangsta children's flick called "Bugsy Malone." The movie starred Scott Baio and Jodie Foster. "Little Enis" himself, Paul Williams did the words and music. I thought it would be cool to share the original version of the song with you.
For Your Consideration:
Bugsy Malone, Razamataz (Paul Williams) - You Give A Little Love Mp3

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Give a little love and it all comes back to you! That is an awesome post! I LOVE that movie! Thanks for sharing the original song too! I'm loving that! You've put me; a total stranger in the best mood EVER! Gotta love the internet don't you? :D Cheers & have an AWESOME day! :D xx