Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Bye Bye Barbaro

2006 Kentucky Derby winner Barbaro was euthanized yesterday after complications from his gruesome breakdown at last year's Preakness, ending an eight-month ordeal that "made him even more of a hero than he was as a champion on the track."

He was a great fighter, I was really rooting for him and greatly saddened by this news, but unfortunately this was a race he just could not win. The right foot would not heal properly and was in turn causing other ailments which ultimately led to his demise. Here is, courtesy of YouTube, his final race.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought you might be interested in using my painting about this story for your own post (www.ashleycecil.com)

So sad.

Creighton said...

I would like to share some of my thoughts on Barbaro with you. Enjoy.

http://creightonpaul.blogspot.com/

(i'm glad he's dead)