Friday, January 05, 2007

My Morning Jacket: It Still Moves


Heya folks, I'm going tomorrow night to see one of my favorite up and coming bands "My Morning Jacket." Yes, I'll admit that I hadn't heard of them before their album "Z" came out, but you can consider me a pretty hardcore fan now. I was at the Los Angeles premier screening of their concert DVD "Okonokos," and enjoyed it immensely. I also saw them perform in Chicago over the holidays with the Chicago Youth Symphony Orchestra at the Riviera Theater. The general consensus of that show was that as great as the band was, their effort was for naught because the acoustics in the theater were awful. I totally concur, which is why I am really looking forward to hearing them at the Wiltern here in LA. I'll hopefully have a full review for you sometime next week. Till then, enjoy this offering of "It Still Moves," MMJ's 2003 offering that is reminiscent of the early-'70s "Laurel Canyon" sound, with some of the Grateful Dead's American Beauty thrown in for good measure. Tracks to listen for are the moving "Golden" (one of my favorites), the Brian Wilson-ish "Mahgeetah," and the Band-ish-like "One Big Holiday."


Tracklist:
1. Mahgeetah
2. Dancefloors
3. Golden
4. Master Plan
5. One Big Holiday
6. I Will Sing You Songs
7. Easy Morning Rebel
8. Run Thru
9. Rollin Back
10. Just One Thing
11. Steam Engine
12. One In The Same


For Your Consideration:
My Morning Jacket - It Still Moves Mp3 (Megaupload link)

No comments: